Since its foundation, BVES has collaborated with the Congolese Ministries for Social Affairs, Justice, Health, Youth, Education and Family, each of whom include the protection of children in their responsibilities.
For its DDR program (to Disarm, Demobilize and Reintegrate child soldiers), BVES collaborates with the UEPNDDR, The Executive Unit of the National Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Program (formerly CONADER, the National Commission for Demobilization and Reintegration).
Over the last eighteen years, BVES programs have involved successful cooperation with:
- UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- UNWFP – United Nations World Food Program
- UNHCR – United Nations High Commission for Refugees
- UNDP – United Nations Development Program
- WHO – The World Health Organization
- MONUSCO – United Nations Mission for tMONUSCO – United Nations Mission for the Stabilization of the Congo (formerly MONUC)
- The Red Cross, Switzerland
- Save the Children UK
- The Human Rights section of the United States embassy to the DRC
- Human Rights Watch
- Amnesty International
- The international secretariat of the Coalition to end the use of Child Soldiers
- War Child, Holland
- Watch List on Children and Armed Conflict
- The Fund for Global Human Rights
- The Global Fund for Children
- Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen – ifa. Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations, Germany
- Peaceful Heart Network
- Local and national NGOs
This cooperation has helped BVES to become an NGO exclusively devoted to the protection and defence of children’s rights, not only in the DRC but also throughout the African Great Lakes region.